We organize a shadow program committee for the Algotel / Cores 2021 edition.
If you are interested in participating, please apply before February 15, 2021
== Principle ==
Being on a shadow PC is an excellent opportunity for young systems researchers (PhD students, postdocs) to get experience in community service, i.e., program committee practices. Shadow PC members commit themselves to writing their own detailed and rigorous reviews for their assigned papers by the alloted deadlines. This commitment is essential to the good functioning of the Shadow PC.
We plan to have a face-to-face shadow PC meeting (foreseen end of May 2021) for the final shadow TPC discussions. Being a member of a shadow PC is a lot of work. But besides the recognition of being selected, it is also very rewarding and worthwhile for a number of reasons, including:
– Getting to know how a PC is run and how it operates;
– Submitting high quality reviews;
– Seeing how other reviewers judge the same papers that you review;
– Participating to the scientific discussions for the selection, learning how to defend or criticize scientifically a paper;
– Getting to see both strong and weak papers at the submission stage;
– Getting to know other active young researchers in the community also selected in the PC.
== Involvement ==
The students who want to apply to the shadow PC accept the following tasks:
– handling 6 papers to review;
– participation to the online discussions;
– participation to the face-to-face PC meeting in Paris (we will fallback to remote discussions if required).
NB: members will be responsible for their own travel and accommodation for the PC meeting.
== Audience ==
The shadow PC targets both French and non French speaking researchers. Discussions during the PC meeting will be hold in English to be inclusive. However, the English proficiency should not be an obstacle. We expect applications only from students working currently in France.
The students should have already written scientific papers, and may have done reviews (even unofficially, under the umbrella of their PhD advisor(s)).
== Important Dates ==
- February 15, 2021: Deadline to apply for shadow PC (firm deadline)
- February 22, 2021: Authors submit their papers
- February 25, 2021: shadow PC bidding (tentative)
- March 1-28, 2021: reviewing process (tentative)
- April 15, 2021: reviews due (tentative)
- April 15-30, 2021: online discussions on the conference management system
- May, ? 2021: PC meeting @ Paris (tentative)
- June 1-4, 2021: Conference @ La Rochelle
Thank you for your attention,
The program Committee,
Fabrice Théoleyre (CNRS),
Aline Carneiro Viana (Inria),
Andrea Araldo (Telecom Sud Paris)